PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 469: School Guidance Counselors (Participation as Supervisor for College Bridge for All) - OPSR
- Posted Date: Jul 26, 2018 Deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Participation as supervisor for College Bridge for All
Locations throughout the five boroughs
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Guidance Counselors at School Participating in College Bridge for All for 2017-2018 academic year
- Guidance Counselors in College Bridge for All 2018 participant schools
- Guidance Counselors who provide College Counseling support to seniors
- Must be available for on-site work through summer
- Must be serving as a Hub Supervisor during the first half of program (January - June 2018)
Mandatory Attendance Dates:
- Hub Supervisor Training: Dates TBD
- Weekly Hub Supervisor Meetings Wednesdays from July 7 - August 24th 10am-4pm
- End of Program All-Coach Meeting: August 22nd
- One to two Weekly on-site Hub Meeting(s) - 6 hours weekly
July through August (approximately 25 hours weekly)
- Host Coach Hub Meetings (two days weekly throughout summer)
- Run group meetings providing best practices and consultancies on ongoing topics
- Support College Coaches to take lead in running group meetings
- Provide supervision and support to college coaches (approx. 16) throughout summer
- Support coaches in providing matriculation assistance in particularly difficult scenarios
- Provide coaching to College Coaches to ensure they are meeting job requirements
- Provide on-site and virtual support, including occasional visits to High School campus
- Attend weekly meetings with other Hub Supervisors and central management staff and maintains contact with central staff throughout summer (see application for details)
- Other duties as assigned
Per session rate as per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
20-25 hours per week depending on hub assignment; 12-18 hours on-site; 8 hours remote work.
Send Form OP-175 (attached to this posting), Department of Education License, and Resume via email to: BridgeforAll@schools.nyc.gov. This will only be accepted via email.
- Must put “College Bridge For All – Per Session -- Hub Counselor Application” in the subject line
- Include the above per session vacancy circular number in the OP-175
- No faxes or mail will be accepted
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail BridgeforAll@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.