PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 481: Teachers (Active or Retired: as ELA Implementation Specialists) - CIPL
- Posted Date: Jul 6, 2018 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
ELA Implementation Specialist for NY Next Generation ELA Standards (Approximately 40 positions)
Various locations citywide
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher or retired New York City Department of Education teacher.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of NY Next Generation ELA Standards
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate high-quality professional learning workshops
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues
- Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
- Minimum of 3 years satisfactory ratings
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Activities may include the following: Write, develop and/or select materials to support the implementation of NY Next Generation ELA Standards that are grounded in reliable research, deliver professional learning sessions for school and school support staff, conduct research to support creation of literacy resources
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues and program staff
- Develop and submit required group and/or individual project(s) within expected deadlines
Various dates and times including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
As per UFT Collective Bargaining agreement (per session)
Submit OP‐175 form and resume via email to: LiteracyandAIS@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Per-Session ELA Implementation Specialist” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail: LiteracyandAIS@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.