PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 757: Teachers (as Math Leadership Team Members) - CIPL/STEM
- Posted Date: Jul 6, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Math Leadership Team Members (Common Branch teachers, K-5), approximately 15-20 positions available
- Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed and appointed teacher of Common Branches or Grades K-5 Math teacher.
- Applicant must currently work in a New York City public school.
- Applicants must have an effective or highly effective rating for past three years.
- Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps and will be selected in part based on the quality of that which they submit/complete for each:
- Submit a resume and a cover letter outlining why you would be a good candidate for this position
- Complete a written application
- Participate in an in-person interview and complete an on-demand writing sample
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Demonstrated in-depth conceptual and procedural knowledge of Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics.
- Demonstrated ability to assess students (formative and summative) and to use evidence of student thinking to assess students.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of lesson and unit planning, including the ability to set goals, anticipate, monitor, select, sequence and connect lessons and units.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mathematics education profession, e.g. active participation in professional organizations, leadership roles, presenting at conferences, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to expanding opportunities in mathematics for students, e.g. through developing partnerships with outside organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development.
- Demonstrated experience presenting professional learning
- Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills.
- Commitment to working during agreed upon schedule.
- Excellent record of attendance, punctuality and the timely meeting of deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new NYC Mathematics Resources including professional development modules to align with new Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards (NGMLS)
- Evaluate K-5 Math curriculum programs with regard to the NGMLS.
- Develop and/or field test instructional guides and/or modules for extended time professional learning.
- Participate in all committee sessions. Sessions will begin July 2018 and will continue throughout the school year.
- Work collaboratively with other writers and program staff.
- Develop and submit group and/or individual curriculum project(s) within expected deadlines.
- Effective and timely response to ongoing feedback and recommendations from colleagues and supervisors.
- Other activities related to implementation of NGMLS.
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or most current contractual rate
Various dates and times including during the summer and after school, evenings and/or weekends up to 200 hours total. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
Upload cover letter, resume, and Form OP-175 (available in the schools and on DHR Website) using the following survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/99LMLZZ. Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES, E-MAIL OR MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail STEM@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.