PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 777: Teachers (to participate in Student Related Activities) - CIPL/MSQI
- Posted Date: Jul 6, 2018 Deadline: May 31, 2019
Citywide, New York, New York United StatesCitywide
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Middle school teachers to participate in Student Related Activities such as: MSQI Debate, and others. (Up to 60 positions)
New York City Department of Education, various locations citywide.
New York City Department of Education School licensed teachers at a Middle School Quality Initiative School.
- Must be teaching grades 6, 7 or 8 at a Middle School Quality Initiative school in school year 2017-18
- Commitment to work during the agreed upon schedule
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and collaboratively on projects
- Demonstrated qualities of organizational and program management skills
- Evidence of sound interpersonal relationships with colleagues and/or professional partners
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend professional development training session facilitated by the Central MSQI Team
- Attend and work student events in assigned role
- Participate in event preparation and debriefs
July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 approximately 300 hours. Exact Schedule TBD
As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate.
Send the following documents to: Sameer.email@example.com
- Letter of application in which you briefly explain why you are interested in participating
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER IN YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, e-mail: Sameer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.