PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 791: Teachers (Paraprofessional Certification Milestone Specialist) - DHC/HC School Support
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Aug 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Paraprofessional Certification Milestone Specialist (approximately 10 positions)
Office of HR School Support, 65 Court Street, Room 505, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11201.
Active NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Teachers
- Experience of responsibility for developing and administering programs for the professional development of pedagogues
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) necessary to generate aggregate reports, computer-based presentations, and regenerate, manipulate or reformat data to be compatible with various vendor systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and telephone skills
Experience in using the various DOE-HR computer systems to review and update candidate data (e.g., SHM, NYCAPS, GALAXY, and EIS).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use the DOE’s SHM, NYCAPS, GALAXY, and EIS systems to track the Continued Employment Eligibility of the 25,000 Fulltime Paraprofessionals. Specifically, review and update their current Employment, Certification, and Continued Employment Eligibility (CEE) Milestone completion status.
- Use NYSED’s TEACH Online system to review paraprofessionals’ college credit, certification level and work history status.
- Provide information to paraprofessionals about State and City requirements, assistance available, and completion deadlines.
- Staff the Paraprofessional Milestone Hotline during after-school hours and provide information on certification and continued employment.
- Meet with and advise individual paraprofessionals and track their progress through milestone completion.
- Respond to individual paraprofessionals’ communications using the DOE’s dedicated Outlook e-mail address.
- Evaluate college transcripts to determine acceptability of college credits submitted.
- Validate the 1-year of post certification service completion of paraprofessionals and update both the DOE & NYSED-TEACH computer systems.
- Assist in the development of email communications and telephone scripts for the notification of CEE milestones, completion status and deadlines
- Coordinate and make presentations at events to impart information on CEE to paraprofessionals.
- Liaise, on behalf of individual paraprofessionals, with NYSED to expedite stalled applications.
- Liaise with DOE systems’ staff to rectify any system errors.
- Assist with the general in-person, email and telephone inquiries of all paraprofessionals
All work in this area will take place after regular school hours, with a weekly, varied, schedule of hours based on time of year and workload. Assignments will be offered on a rotational basis; however, priority will be given to those who have a flexible schedule, can be available with short notice, and demonstrate versatile skills. Selected candidates must be able to begin work no later than 4:00PM on school days and be available to work during the summer break and school recess breaks.
- All hours are subject to budget availability. We do not expect to issue a waiver above 500 hours for the 2019-2020 per session year.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
E-mail resume, application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license on or before August 31, 2019 to KMamaka@schools.nyc.gov. Please include: “Para Milestones - Specialist, Per-Session Position” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail: KMamaka@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.