PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 793: Teacher: Active or Retired (as Scholarship Interviewer/Processor) - DHC/HC School Support-SIP
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Aug 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Teacher as Scholarship Interviewer/Processor (approximately 10 positions)
HC School Support
Office of Scholarship, Incentives and Speech Programs
65 Court Street, Room 508
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11201
Note: Occasional events conducted at various NYCDOE school and other administrative locations throughout the 5 boroughs.
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Teachers (Active or Retired)
- A minimum of 3 years of satisfactory service within the New York City Department of Education.
- Ability to organize, administer and make presentations to large groups at various recruitment events and workshops.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) necessary to generate event rosters, event summary reports, computer based presentations, etc.
- Experience in organizing and administering events for recruitment, assessment and/or the processing candidates for various NYCDOE Scholarships and Incentive Programs.
- Experience using the various DOE-HR computer systems (e.g., NYCAPS, GALAXY, EIS) to review and update candidate data
- Experience in conducting high-level interviews.
- Familiarity with TSN, PETS, NYCAPS and FAMIS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist staff, on an as-needed basis, with tasks that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as an interviewer for the NYCDOE JoseP Scholarship Program and Lead Teaching Assistant position.
- Attend office related events, i.e. Paraprofessional Academy, Recruitment Fairs, Scholarship Graduate Orientation, College/University Career Fairs, etc.
- Review, document and update candidate information into various program and NYCDOE databases.
- Communication of information to candidates regarding their application status, certification and other program related information.
- Assistance with the in-person, telephone and e-mail inquiries of candidates.
- Assist with the processing of Scholarship Program Award letters.
- Evaluation of written essays of candidates.
- Assist with other office related functions and duties as needed.
- Represent the office in other NYCDOE work related events as needed.
- Conduct research and produce reports as needed on various office related topics as needed.
- Performs general office duties such as; assisting with office events (set-up, break-down), conducting plenary sessions, processing paperwork, data entry, filing, collating, copying, mailing, shredding, etc.
- Preparation of materials for Scholarship Program and other office related events.
Outside school hours (including occasional weekends), subject to the demand for events, the selected pool will be offered opportunities to serve, based upon frequency of need for the specific duties listed above. Although every effort will be made to offer assignments on a fair and rotational basis, priority will be given to those who have a flexible schedule, can be available with short notice, and demonstrate versatile skills.
- Only retirees are permitted to work during school hours.
- Others must be able to begin work no later than 4:00PM on school days.
- Must be available to work during some weekends, the summer break and school recess breaks as needed.
- All hours are subject to budget availability. We do not expect to issue a waiver above 500 hours for the 2018-2019 per session year.
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement or the most current contractual rate.
E-mail resume, application Form OP-175 (Available in schools and DHR website), and a copy of your Department of Education license on or before August 31, 2019 to PerSessionStaff@schools.nyc.gov. Please include: “Scholarship Interviewer/Processor, Per-Session Position” in the subject line of the e-mail.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail: PerSessionStaff@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.