Principals and assistant principals to participate in development of Spanish Language Arts and Chinese Language Arts performance-based assessments (Approximately 6-8 positions) Per Session Vacancy Notice #1124
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Per Session Vacancy Notice #1124
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed principals and assistant principals
- Interest in developing performance-based assessments, including baseline and end-of-year assessments.
- Strong understanding of specific content instruction and/or high-quality assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Common Core Learning Standards and/or subject-area standards.
- Experience working on and facilitating teacher teams.
- Experience engaging in collaborative inquiry.
- Experience serving in teacher leader roles preferred.
- Commitment to attending all focus group sessions per subject area.
- Attend a series of focus group sessions (approximately 3-6 sessions, depending on subject area).
- Share experience and knowledge of student populations, grade-specific standards, and subject areas of expertise.
- Create and develop assessment materials.
- Communicate with facilitators via email and phone as necessary.
- Actively participate in all focus group sessions.
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses will not be reimbursed
July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Up to 4 hours per focus group session. Exact dates and times TBD. In order to maintain continuity and consistency, applicants must be available for the full activity in order to accept the position.
Please email OP-175 application and resume to: PerformanceAssessment@schools.nyc.gov by June 30, 2019. Please include the subject area for which you are applying in the subject line (e.g., Spanish Language Arts or Chinese Language Arts).
Please Include the Above Circular Number on your Resume and Application
If you have any questions concerning this advertisement, mail: PerformanceAssessment@schools.nyc.govService exceeding the number of hours specified in the Chancellor's Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo