SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGER L1 - P.S. 39 HENRY BRISTOW (15K039)
- Posted Date: Oct 11, 2019 Deadline: Oct 25, 2019
The School Business Manager position encompasses professional work of varying degrees of difficulty and responsibility under the day-to-day supervision of the school principal and the overall direction of an operations support group providing services in the fields of budget, finance, personnel and non-instructional administration. Performs related work.
Serves as a point of contact regarding non-instructional matters for external constituents, including community groups and other city agencies. Establishes and maintains liaison with appropriate operating components of the school system.
- Directs administrative activities of the school, including budgeting, accounting, school transportation, personnel, technology, physical plant issues and other related administrative matters.
- Assists the principal in overseeing the administration of support activities related to the provision of school food services.
- Reviews and expedites all contracts and school purchases by utilizing contract vendors and online purchasing accounts.
- Reviews contracts and bids to ensure compliance with established purchasing procedures.
- Assists the principal in the preparation of grant applications for non-instructional items, such as those for personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Supports instructional staff in grant administration, including the preparation of annual progress reports and demonstration of outcomes.
- Responsible for overseeing business, financial and other administrative matters and implementing recommendations related thereto.
- Interfaces with operations support group staff and other school administrators on administrative matters relating to personnel, business, finance, contracts and school operations. Attends trainings as necessary.
- Serves as a point of contact regarding non-instructional matters for external constituents, including community groups and other city agencies.
- Analyzes student data to support the principal’s instructional and classroom priorities. Prepares reports in response to requests for information.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of full-time satisfactory professional experience in one or a combination of the following areas:accounting, auditing, budget, contract administration, financial administration, management, personnel or a closely related field; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in accounting, business, finance, educational administration, management, personnel administration, public administration, or a closely related field and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the areas described in “1” above; or
- A master’s degree from an accredited college in accounting, business, finance, educational administration, management, personnel administration, public administration, or a closely related field and one year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the areas described in “1” above.
Attention: Sara Panag, Principal (I.A.)
P.S. 39 Henry Bristow
Brooklyn, New York 11215
Please send cover letter and resume no later than October 25, 2019, to:
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.