SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 17 2019 2020
- Posted Date: Jun 26, 2019 Deadline: Jul 24, 2019
New York United StatesMULTIPLE LOCATION THROUGH OUT THE CITY
(SUBJECT TO BUDGET AVAILABILITY)
Community School based School Psychologists (number of positions to be determined)
School Districts citywide, location TBD
New York State Certification in School Psychology
Supervisor of Psychologists and Principal
The School Psychologists serve as case manager and are primarily responsible for ensuring that cases in the evaluation and placement process are completed within mandated timelines. They also play a vital role in a school’s intervention efforts and may serve as members of the school’s Intervention Team/Pupil Personnel Team and provide direct services to both general education and special education students. They may assist in the completion of Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans for students with challenging behaviors and serve on the Manifestation Determination Review for suspended students.
SELECTION CRITERIA (Preference will be given to the following):
- Experience evaluating the emotional, social, cognitive and educational performance of students
- Knowledge of assessment strategies and tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with families, agencies, and school personnel
- Knowledge of the continuum of services and special education process, regulations of the NYSED Commissioner, regulations of the NYCDOE Chancellor
- Knowledge of due process rights
After interviewing applicants that meet the selection criteria above, the following applicants will be considered:
- Regularly appointed and tenured
- Regularly appointed and not tenured
- New applicants to the New York City Department of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate students in the areas of cognitive, social, emotional and educational competencies
- Ensure effective management of the evaluation process
- Administer timely psycho-educational assessments
- Conduct Classroom Observations
- Determine the need for psychological evaluation
- Develop IEPs
- Participate in CSE reviews.
- Serve as a resource to school staff and families
- Serve on school-level committees.
- Consult with school staff, parents, and students regarding behavioral management issues and concerns.
- Case management
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Psychologists and Principal, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.”
As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement
As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Please email cover letter, resume and copy of license(s) to: Arwina Vallejo, Executive Director of School Based Evaluations and Family Engagement Officesupsofpsych@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.