SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 10 (2018 – 2019)-EXTENDED
- Posted Date: Jun 28, 2018 Deadline: Jul 28, 2018
District 75 Office 400 First Avenue , New York, United States
(Subject to Budget Availability)
School Psychologist – Impartial Hearings Office (One position)
(INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
Appointed School Psychologist with a minimum of 3 years satisfactory experience on a school based support team/IEP team.
- Demonstrated successful experience as an School Psychologist
- Demonstrated knowledge of an interdisciplinary approach to learning.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and able to recommend solutions based on research and resources to address the identified needs of individual students for whom the impartial hearing process has been requested
- Knowledge of student informational systems, i.e. DAITS,SESIS,ATS
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Investigates, researches and interviews IEP team members, school administrators, related service providers and teachers as required. Prepares and attends impartial hearings, Resolution Meetings, Pre Hearings conferences as required to defend the Department of Education at Impartial Hearings.
- Collects data and documents directly related to hearings, which may include visits to schools to obtain information.
- Initiates outreach efforts to other offices and/or divisions to obtain assistance and resources that support outcomes for the impartial hearing process.
- Disseminates information and provides training on implementation of impartial hearing decisions.
- Works collaboratively with District 75 leadership and the Office of Clinical and Support Services in providing assistance and oversight to school-based staff in support of pre-impartial hearing procedures. This includes:
- Reviewing pre-impartial hearing requests for sufficiency in accordance with all established guidelines and mandates;
- Providing support on all matters relating to the implementation of both mediation and resolution agreements at individual school sites;
- Engaging in proactive problem-solving to reduce potential hearing requests; and
- Facilitating improvements in school learning environments.
- Prepares teachers, related service providers, and administrative staff for testimony at impartial hearings
- Consults with principals and provides advice, guidance and technical assistance on specific issues and circumstances relative to Impartial Hearings.
- Ability to travel to District 75 schools across all boroughs
- Attend all required district and as appropriate Central professional development and staff meetings.
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement – 8:00 AM to 3:20 PM
Salary and Work Year:
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
Send cover letter and resume by June 29, 2018, to:
Director District 75
Office of Impartial Hearings
400 First Avenue Rm. 555
New York, NY 10010-4004
or Via e-mail to: MAuerba2@schools.nyc.gov
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO