Student Enrollment Event Support (Multiple Positions Available) Per Session Vacancy Notice #331
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Per Session Vacancy Notice #331
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Guidance Counselors who are also Guidance Counselors in the Office of Student Enrollment
Selection Criteria(Preference will be given to the following):
Must be a Guidance Counselor in the Office of Student Enrollment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of roles including event support, supporting large scale presentations regarding school admissions processes, and facilitating the coordination of interpretation services when needed.
- Represents the Office of Student Enrollment (OSE) at various information sessions for community based organizations and other external agencies to discuss OSE admissions processes.
- Provide superior customer services to attendees in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support general operations of setting up and breaking down for Office of Student Enrollment admissions related events
Ability to work nights between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. and weekends between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. between August 2018 to June 2019 on a flexible schedule. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change.
Per session salary as per Collective Bargaining Agreement according to most current contractual per session rate. Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses will not be reimbursed.
Please apply by emailing HRTeam@schools.nyc.gov with “OSE Events 2018-19” in the subject line.
- Applications will only be accepted via email. No faxes or mail will be accepted
- Submit Resume and OP-175
Please Include the Above Circular Number on your Resume and Application
If you have any questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail: HRTeam@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in the Chancellor's Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo