Substance Abuse Prevention and Intervention Specialist (SAPIS) Level 2 - P.S. / I.S. 208 (26Q208)
- Posted Date: Mar 14, 2019 Deadline: Mar 29, 2019
This position encompasses work related to providing professional services to students in substance abuse prevention and intervention programs.
Duties and Responsibilities – Level 2
Coordinates substance and alcohol prevention services designed to reach students and parents for the purpose of reinforcing positive attitudes through an educational program. Provides a variety of intervention services in the form of individual, group or family sessions to assist in high need crisis intervention where individual students are seen because of an immediate problem. Conducts workshops that offer parents and community residents an opportunity to become involved in their school’s program. Serves as liaison to the regional personnel, school faculty, parent groups and outside agencies to deal with student substance and alcohol abuse problems. Prepares and maintains necessary program reports and fiscal documents.
Minimum Selection Criteria – Level 2
- Masters degree from an accredited college plus one year satisfactory full-time experience in a drug or alcohol abuse program or counseling experience; or
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college plus two years of satisfactory full-time experience in a drug or alcohol abuse program or counseling experience; or
- Associate degree or a minimum of 60 college course credits from an accredited college plus four years of satisfactory full-time experience in a drug or alcohol abuse program or counseling experience; or
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and/or experience.However, all candidates must possess a high school diploma or its educational equivalent.
$52,252 (New Hire Minimum)
$60,090 (2 Years Prior Service Minimum)
Please send cover letter and resume, no later than March 29, 2019, to:
Yvette Jeanty, Prevention Program Director
Office of Counseling Support Programs
90-27 Sutphin Boulevard, Room 211 Jamaica, NY 11435
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.