TEACHER ASSIGNED VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 33 RPC SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER TRAINER 2019 2020
- Posted Date: Jan 14, 2020 Deadline: Feb 11, 2020
New York United StatesQUEENS
(SUBJECT TO BUDGET AVAILABILITY)
New York City Regional Partnership Center (NYC RPC)
Teacher Assigned A- Special Education Trainer
INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Location can be reassigned as needed
- NYCDOE licensed, appointed, tenured Special Education teacher, social worker, guidance counselor or school psychologist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with students with IEPs
- Master’s degree in special education or Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education or higher, school counseling, social work or school psychology
- Minimum of five (5) years Effective, Highly Effective, and/or Satisfactory rating teaching or providing services to students
- Experience designing, delivering, and evaluating the impact of professional development on topics related to special education
- Knowledge of New York State laws and regulations relating to special education (CR Part 200 regulations, IDEA)
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing evidence based instructional practices or services to improve outcomes for students with IEPs
- Knowledge of Multi-tiered Systems of Support for both academics and behavior
- Knowledge of Implementation Science
- Knowledge of Plan-Do-Study-Act cycles of improvement
- Experience developing high quality IEPs and training others to do so
- Evidence of building strong relationships with colleagues, families, and community members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the New York City Regional Partnership Center’s (NYC RPC) Systems Change Facilitator (SCF), the NYC RPC Special Education Trainer will:
- Provide regional trainings and targeted professional development and technical assistance that addresses the special education process consistent with federal law, regulations, and guidance.
- Provide technical assistance and training related to the IEP process.
- Provide support and assist schools and parents to develop IEPs.
- Provide technical assistance and training around evidence based multi-tiered systems of support.
- Work in collaboration with the Family and Community Engagement (FACE) centers to provide capacity-building focused on family and community engagement around the IEP process.
- Engage in the regional planning process outlined by NYSED’s Partnership Implementation Team (PIT) as needed.
- Participate in trainings and planning meetings with NYSED’s Technical Assistance Partnerships (TAPs) as needed.
- Utilize tools and training materials developed and/or reviewed by the TAPs.
- Provide information and resources uploaded to the website for the Partnership, including upcoming training dates, contact information for local resources, special events, and announcements.
- Other duties as assigned.
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement for Teacher Assigned:
- 10-Month, September-June
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
- 5 additional work days before or after the 10-month school year
Please apply in writing expressing your interest and qualifications. Please include your resume, cover-letter, teaching credentials, and file number by February 11, 2020 to:
Donald Don at DDon@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.