TEACHER ASSIGNED VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 34 TRANSITION COLLEGE CAREER ACCESS TRAINER 2019 2020
- Posted Date: Jan 23, 2020 Deadline: Feb 26, 2020
New York United StatesSTATEN ISLAND
(SUBJECT TO BUDGET AVAILABILITY)
Transition, College & Career Access Trainer
(Teacher Assigned A) Up to 2 Positions
New York City Department of Education licensed, appointed and tenured
Teacher, Guidance Counselor, Psychologist or Social Worker
- Master’s Degree in Special Education or a related service area: speech, school psychology, social work, or guidance.
- Minimum of five (5) years satisfactory experience working with students with disabilities at the high school level.
- Knowledge of research-based practices in the areas of transition, behavioral supports and interventions, and specially designed instruction.
- Experience researching, organizing, and conducting professional development.
- Collaborative approach to managing projects and activities.
- Knowledge of Federal and State mandates related to Transition Services, including State Performance Plan Indicators.
- Experience teaching and/or engaging special populations in career/vocational education.
- Knowledge of available colleges, job training programs, other postsecondary agencies (OPWDD, OMH, CB, ACCES-VR) and their respective referral and eligibility criteria.
- Knowledge of New York City Department of Education instructional initiatives, mandates, curricula requirements and operational resources.
- Knowledge of Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support (DSISS), instructional initiatives and transition supports
- Knowledge of NYS Part 200 regulations and the IEP as an instructional tool.
- Capacity to work under pressure and effectively prioritize work in a demanding environment.
- Experience implementing high-quality professional development and school improvement initiatives across a borough consistent with research-based implementation practices.
- Demonstrated experience in developing original curricula aligned to standards.
- Self-motivated, deadline-oriented, flexible and able to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, Learning Management Systems, Excel, Google, Prezi and/or other platforms that support communication and learning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the TCAC Instructional Specialist, the TCAC Trainer will:
- Provide professional development and technical assistance consistent with Transition College Access Center goals.
- Provide training to teachers and students aligned with the NYS Career Development Occupational Studies (CDOS) learning standards and college and career readiness initiatives, to support students with disabilities in meeting their measurable post-secondary goals.
- Collaborate with DSISS Instructional teams within the Special Education Office and District 75 to provide targeted professional development opportunities based on identified data-driven needs.
- Collaborate with school-based and transition/college and career readiness personnel to ensure alignment between work-based learning opportunities, students’ vocational assessments and transition goals.
- Support TCAC Community Engagement Coordinator, school-based and BFSC personnel with identifying and developing work-based learning opportunities that compliment students’ attainment of the Skills and Achievement Commencement Credential (SACC) and the CDOS Commencement Credential
- Develop and facilitate presentations for families, local business community, colleges and universities.
- Determine measure of impact for all professional learning opportunities provided by TCAC
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Send cover letter, together with current resume (including home and work phone
numbers, as well as e-mail address), copies of your teacher credentials file number to:
Jonathan Santiago, Executive Director
Transition and College Access Centers
52 Chambers St. Room 220
New York, NY 10007
LETTER OF APPLICATION WITH ACCOMPANYING RESUME AND DOCUMENTS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN, WEDNESDAY, February 26, 2020
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.