TEACHER ASSIGNED VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 5 iLEARNNYC IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST 2018 2019 REPOST
- Posted Date: Feb 28, 2019 Deadline: Mar 27, 2019
New York United StatesBrooklyn
(SUBJECT TO BUDGET AVAILABILITY)
Teacher Assigned A- iLearnNYC - Implementation Specialist
(INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
Division of Instruction and Information Technology
iZone, Innovation Team
- Licensed, appointed teacher with a minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- Preferred Experience:
The Department of Education (DOE) Innovation Team is responsible for overseeing the Innovation Zone (“iZone”). An initiative intended to dramatically improve student outcomes by rethinking standard assumptions that underlie “business as usual” in education. iLearnNYC, a supplemental online learning program to expand access to high quality online learning opportunities, offers online and supplemental courses to enhance the learning experience of traditional face-to-face classes by integrating online resources in a blended learning environment. iLearnNYC will help schools expand current boundaries of time and space that limit learning, enabling highly individualized learning to occur during and beyond the school day - from home, the library, or anywhere students have internet access.
The iLearnNYC Implementation Specialist provides professional development, onsite mentoring support, project management, planning services, and execution support for implementing innovation strategies across multiple schools. This entails working alongside teachers, administrators, support personnel, iLearnNYC staff, NYCDOE Borough/Citywide Office staff and relevant vendors to move schools toward innovative teaching and learning models. The iLearnNYC Implementation Specialist also makes independent discretionary decisions, and contributes to new policy formulation regarding the program. Performs related work.
iLearnNYC Executive Director
school staff including teachers, administrators, support personnel, iLearnNYC staff, NYCDOE Borough/Citywide Office staff, and the Division of Instructional and Information Technology (DIIT).
- Coordinates professional learning and orientation activities between iLearnNYC, schools and NYCDOE Borough/Citywide Office. Creates training plans for program chairs and school contacts.
- Create professional learning opportunities that support iLearnNYC goals by:
- Offering direct service and professional learning to those providing a coaching type of role
- Supporting push-in professional learning
- Collaborating with core curricular instructional specialists
- Creating a common language of instructional practices of blended and online learning pedagogy.
- Create professional learning opportunities that support iLearnNYC goals by:
- Collaborating with partner organizations and non-public school partners
- Works with schools to design iLearnNYC program, including personnel, classroom set up, devices, etc.
- Contributes to the communities of practice that are developed out of the Office of Innovation.
- Develops communicative relationships with the cohort of iLearnNYC schools, their representatives, and partner organizations.
- Assess issues that may arise and hinder implementation and escalate issues to team as needed and proactively ensure resolution.
- Coordinates policy and implementation issues and brings information that helps the development of iLearnNYC policies and processes to solve problems.
- Offers principals, and school-based technicians support for troubleshooting areas related to technology, enrollment, scheduling and facilities; serves as the key manager of vendor relationships in order to ensure that high priority needs of the schools are being met.
- Maintains abreast of related iLearnNYC work streams and offers insight and recommendations as appropriate.
- 5 years’ experience teaching, integrating or using instructional technology in NYC schools
- Satisfactory experience in planning and delivering professional development activities, particularly in the area of instructional technology
- Strong familiarity with NYS Standards and Danielson framework
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate technology into inquiry, including use of data systems and design of technology-supported instructional strategies
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, deliver, implement and evaluate large-scale professional development initiatives/programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of national ISTE standards
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enhanced activities working directly with administrators, teachers, and students to create technologically-integrated class projects and a cooperative learning environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practice with successful, researched-based model of adult learning and coaching
- Ability to develop training aids and instructional materials using a range of media
- Experience in curriculum development through Project-Based Learning
- Experience with online collaborative tools
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to travel to schools throughout New York City
- Experience in working on grant-funded programs a plus
- Experience and knowledge in web development and design a plus
- Experience and knowledge in curriculum mapping a plus
- Experience and knowledge in literacy, Math, Science and or Social Studies a plus
- Ability to work on weekends, after school, and during summer institutes a plus
- Understanding of how instruction, assessment, technology, and school culture interplay.
- Knowledgeable in the current research of new school models and educational technology.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, extremely well-organized, and able to work under pressure and meet frequent and changing deadlines.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to complete tasks accurately and timely. Familiarity with content management systems, basic web site creation, and an understanding of how networks function.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer technology glitches, when necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Advanced study in technology or a related field, preferably with a meaningful classroom component.
Demonstrated practices in the field of educational technology for 3-5 years with at least 1-2 years of direct teaching or working with teachers.
- Experience in coordinating and administrating multiple stakeholders to successfully complete a large-scale project.
- Experience with using technology and software as learning tools a strong plus.
- Experience with programming school schedules to drive maximum learning for students a strong plus.
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
School year plus five additional days during winter, spring, or summer
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
Please email a cover letter, resume by,
MARCH 27, 2019
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.