Teacher Effectiveness Professional Development Resource Creation (Approximately 20 positions) PER SESSION VACANCY NOTICE # 402
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
Various locations citywide
ELIGIBILITY:NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Education Administrators
(Preference will be given to the following):
Knowledge of and extensive training in the Danielson Framework for Teaching
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support implementation of Teacher Effectiveness Professional Development through creation of and contribution to the creation of resources that support calibration to the Danielson Framework for Teaching and understanding of NYS Law 3012-c
- Activities may include the following: Facilitating calibration sessions, where teams view videos, come to consensus on ratings and create accompanying report, viewing videos of teacher practice to arrive at calibrated ratings, and creating reports of calibrated ratings, with detailed rationales, designing professional learning resources for teachers and administrators to build their level of calibration to the Danielson Framework for Teaching, creating and reviewing resources that support teacher and school leader understanding of NYS Law 3012-c and/or 3012-d
WORK SCHEDULE:Number of hours may vary from month to month, but expectations will be communicated in advance; not to exceed 15 hours a week.
- As per current Collective Bargaining Agreement: the most current contractual rates.
- Transportation and out‐of‐pocket expenses will not be reimbursed.
Please e‐mail OP‐175 application, cover letter and resume to OTEPS@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail please contact: OTEPS@schools.nyc.gov.
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at: https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo.