Teacher Recruiter Per Session Vacancy Notice #488
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: Sep 29, 2018
65 Court St., Brooklyn, New York United StatesMultiple locations across the City, including the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (65 Court St., Brooklyn) and local colleges/university campuses
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Per Session Vacancy Notice #488
New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher with 2+ year(s) full time classroom experience, preferably in one of the following certification areas: Science, Math, ESL/ENL, Special Education, English, Social Studies, Physical Education, and/or CTE, with a Bilingual Extension preferable.
- Demonstrated satisfactory experience in current position and other per-session activities.
- Passionate, reflective, and collaborative educator who has a positive impact on student learning.
- Desire to inspire outstanding candidates to teach for the NYCDOE.
- Effective and engaging communicator; comfortable with public speaking.
- Ability to articulate experiences as a NYC public school teacher in a compelling way.
- Ability to clearly share information about pathway options as well as application and hiring processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency as a Teacher Recruiter for the 2017-2018 school year (preferred).
- Work closely with the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality to inspire and inform prospective teachers, through various methods such as in-person presentations, online events, and phone and email outreach.
- Conduct in-person information sessions to prospective teachers at assigned local colleges/universities.
- Conduct phone and email outreach to students and faculty at assigned colleges/universities.
- Participate in online webinars (Teacher Chats) to provide insights and anecdotes about the profession to prospective teachers.
- Provide support with the preparation and execution of in-person presentations, online events and phone outreach to achieve target attendance goals.
- Identify and develop relationships with student groups at assigned local colleges/universities to cultivate students to apply to and teach for the NYCDOE.
- Participate in bi-weekly phone conferences with a TRQ Recruitment Manager to provide status updates and to assess progress toward specific goals.
- Attend one monthly group meeting at 65 Court St with a TRQ Recruitment Manager.
- Provide support to Teacher Recruitment Managers during teacher candidate selection.
- Utilize social media and/or other communication channels to inspire candidates to apply to teach for the NYCDOE.
- Participate in an exit interview and survey upon completion of role.
- Attend orientation and training sessions.
- As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Various dates and times, including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability. 4-10 hours/month, July 2018 - June 2019, with possible hours during July-August.
- Complete the online application.
- All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form during the first training session.
- Questions about this advertisement can be sent to MHiggins5@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “Teacher Recruiter Application".
Please Include the Above Circular Number on your Resume and Application
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail: MHiggins5@schools.nyc.gov.
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in the Chancellor's Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo