TEACHER VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 18 UFT TEACHER CENTER 2018-2019
- Posted Date: Jul 10, 2018 Deadline: Jan 31, 2019
65 COURT STREET, BROOKLYN, New York United StatesMultiple locations throughout the five boroughs
(SUBJECT TO FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TEACHERS TO STAFF UFT TEACHER CENTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM SITES
The UFT Teacher Center Professional Development Program is a collaborative program of the New York State Education Department, United Federation of Teachers and the New York City Department of Education. The program engages in a wide variety of staff development and school renewal activities, i.e., individual professional development, courses and workshops, and provides technical assistance to other staff development units.
New York City licensed, tenured teacher in any of the following areas: Early Childhood, Special Education, Elementary, Junior High and High Schools
- Minimum of eight (8) years of teaching experience as a regularly appointed teacher in a variety of school settings is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior demonstrated expertise in any of the following areas:
• English as a Second Language
• Bilingual Education
• Special Education
- Ability in oral and written communication will be considered a significant asset.
- Extensive knowledge of the new State and City standards and new assessments.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing standards-based instruction.
- Exemplary knowledge about content, materials and methods that support high standards in various curriculum areas.
- Knowledge of staff development practices, in-service education and alternative assessment.
- Demonstrated capacity to serve as a catalyst for implementing instructional change in the classroom.
- Record of engaging in cooperative and collaborative projects with staff/adults/administration.
- Demonstrated skill in communication, team building, group dynamics, and in analyzing/interpreting school profile data.
- Experience in relating to adult learners.
- Successful completion of an assessment battery.
- Willingness to undergo additional training during the summer and throughout the year, as well as to travel among field locations.
- Recommendations from peers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
- Assists teachers in using collected data to work on the design and implementation of a comprehensive educational plan that
focuses on high standards and achievement for all students including those who are ELL and/or receive special education services.
- Consults with individuals and groups of teachers regarding their requests for meeting the specific needs of students.
- Models appropriate and innovative teaching methodologies through techniques such as team teaching, demonstrations, simulations and consultations.
- Offers technical assistance, training and support to schoolwide restructuring efforts.
- Promotes collegiality through fostering an atmosphere of cooperation and communication among school personnel at participating sites.
- Organizes a schedule of services which best serves the learning needs of teachers using the site.
- Collaborates with other Teacher Center staff, consultants, agencies, other resource personnel in order to construct, implement and disseminate curriculum, teaching strategies, research findings and classroom practices.
- Establishes and maintains Teacher Center Resource Room.
- Provides on-site assistance/mentoring and networking opportunities for teachers.
- Coordinates and/or conducts after-school professional development.
- Maintains records of project services.
SALARY/HOURS/WORK YEAR: As per Collective Bargaining Agreement.
APPLICATION: Send letter of application and resume to:
Rita Danis, Charles LoBello
UFT Teacher Center
52 Broadway – 18th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Or Email: email@example.com
DEADLINE DATE: JANUARY 31, 2019
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color,religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex),military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.