TEACHER VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 6 CSE 2018 2019 REPOSTED
- Posted Date: Mar 25, 2019 Deadline: Apr 29, 2019
New York United StatesMULTIPLE LOCATIONS THROUGH OUT THE CITY
(SUBJECT TO BUDGET AVAILABILTY)\
Committee on Special Education (CSE) Teachers (Special Education Teachers Assigned A, Teachers of the Blind and Partially Sighted, Teachers of the Deaf and Hearing Impaired) (number of positions to be determined)
District CSEs citywide, location TBD
-Currently licensed, appointed and tenured Teachers
-Satisfactory, Effective, or Highly Effective rating over 3 consecutive years
-One-year position; current CSE teachers may reapply and be selected for additional terms the same as all other applicants.
(Preference will be given to the following):
- Certified Special Education Teacher and current employee of the DOE or;
- Certified Teacher of Blind and Partially Sighted and current employee of the DOE, or
- Certified Teacher of the Deaf and Hearing Impaired and current employee of the DOE.
- Knowledge of the continuum of services, the special education process, regulations of the NYSED Commissioner, regulations of the NYCDOE Chancellor
- For Teachers of the Blind and Partially Sighted, priority of assignment will be given to applicants with Braille expertise.
- For Teachers of the Deaf and Hearing Impaired, priority of assignment will be given to applicants with signing expertise.
- Ability to communicate with families, agencies and school personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct classroom observations, educational assessments, prepare written reports and develop IEPs for school-aged students with disabilities and/or suspected disabilities. These may include but are not limited to students attending non-public, parochial, charter or public schools
- Participate in these activities at CSE locations, non-public, parochial, charter, and/or public schools
- Act as district representative at CSE meetings
- Represent the DOE at due process hearings
- Coordinate CSE activities with various DOE offices, non-public, parochial, charter or public schools, and other agencies
- Serve as a resource to school staff, parents and agencies
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the CSE chairperson
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
Please mail or submit in person cover letter and resume to the CSE location you wish you apply with attention to the CSE Chairperson by APRIL 29, 2019.
See attached contact information or this link:KAli7@schools.nyc.gov (do not email applications to this address).
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.