TEACHER VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 4 CENTRAL REMOTE TEACHERS iZONE 2022 2023
- Posted Date: May 6, 2022 Deadline: Jun 3, 2022
New York United StatesVIRTUAL
(SUBJECT TO BUDGET AVAILABILITY)
Teacher - Central
Remote Instruction Teachers
New York City licensed Social Studies, Science, English, Foreign Language, Math and Health tenured teachers in High School Grade Levels.
82-01 Rockaway Blvd, Ozone Park, NY 11416
Or other DOE offices
Virtual Learning Classrooms aim to partner teachers from around the city with students to provide them with increased access to courses not available in their home schools, including, but not limited to Electives, AP Courses, and Foreign Language courses. This posting is for teachers interested in teaching in this full time program from September 2022 - June 2023. Remote instruction teachers will deliver instruction to and communicate with high school students in other locations using internet and required technological platforms. Please note that while students will not be in the same location as the teacher, this is an in person teaching position.
Remote Teachers are licensed teachers of high school grade levels who teach students virtually. Remote teachers will teach students in the following subject areas: Advanced Placement Subjects (Including but not limited to, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP US History, AP World History, AP Government, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Macroeconomics, AP Statistics, AP Computer Science Principles and A, AP Environmental Science, AP English Language and Literature, and AP Seminar), electives (Including but not limited to, Forensics, Health, Media Literacy, Financial Literacy, science electives, Computer Science and Business) and Foreign Languages (Including but not limited to, Spanish, Chinese and French). Other subjects may be added. Students may be enrolled from multiple schools simultaneously, but total class size will not exceed contractual limits. Remote Teachers will be expected to participate in 10 sessions of professional learning workshops including an online course leading to a Learning Management System certification to occur during July and/or August prior to commencement of position with remaining on-going professional learning during the year and will be paid at the per session rate for work beyond the contractual workday/work year. Remote teachers will perform required duties (including corresponding with home school staff, planning for remote instruction and assessment, communication and conferencing with students and/or parents). Duties and responsibilities are intended to emulate traditional teaching paradigms and create an equitable learning experience.
DIIT iZone Supervisor
● Minimum of four (4) years of teaching experience as a regularly appointed teacher. Knowledge of the common core standards as it relates to course.
● Extensive knowledge of the New York State and City Standards, meets Advanced Placement requirements (as appropriate) and is licensed in subject matter.
● Demonstrated expertise in an online learning environment designing and implementing standards-based instruction that specifies clear learning objectives, includes engaging activities and authentic assessments to measure mastery.
● Willingness to promote online dialogue to deepen the learning experience.
● Demonstrated ability with written and oral communications emphasis placed on the delivery of digital presentations.
● Demonstrated ability to use online learning, communication and other edtech tools as appropriate.
● Can differentiate instruction for individuals or groups of students based on instructional data and analysis as well as student characteristics.
● Can sustain and document flexible teaching schedules, which account for asynchronous and synchronous activities that are student-centered and maintain high standards for student engagement and success.
● Selected candidates will be asked to facilitate a demonstration lesson or planning activity to demonstrate aforementioned qualifications.
- ●Demonstrated skill in team building, group dynamics, and facilitating collaborative learning.
- ●Proven history of being a self-starter who works well without constant supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Demonstrate competency in using data from assessments and other data sources to modify content and guide student learning.
● Modify engaging content and appropriate assessments in an online environment.
● Provide quality instruction to students using asynchronous and synchronous teaching methods (I.e. asynchronous = discussion forums, group work, written and digital assignments, posted content. Synchronous = online classrooms, webinars, chat rooms).
● Employ student-centered instructional strategies that are connected to real-world applications to engage students in learning.
● Facilitate and monitor online instruction groups/discussions to promote learning through higher-order thinking and group interaction.
● Provide a variety of ongoing and frequent teacher-student, teacher-teacher, and teacher-administrator interaction with participating schools.
● Provide prompt feedback, communicate high expectations, and teach to diverse talents and learning styles.
● Online communication between students and teachers is a significant component of this program to mimic in person communication. Therefore, teachers are expected to respond to student emails and grade assignments within 2 workdays, as well as monitor and respond to discussion postings daily during the school week.
● Regularly share with home school(s) student data including but not limited to grades and attendance. This includes the use of school selected platforms and systems.
● Incorporate and comply with FERPA, AUP and communicate privacy guidelines to students.
● Select and use a variety of online tools for communication, productivity, collaboration, data and performance analysis, presentation, research, and online content delivery as appropriate to the content area and student needs.
● Use communication technologies in a variety of mediums and contexts for teaching and learning.
● Apply technical troubleshooting skills (downloading plug-ins, uploading assignments, etc.)
● Participate in all professional development and peer mentoring exercises throughout the duration of service.
● Develop key relationships in order to work closely with home school staff, students and parents of participating schools, guidance counselors and central iZone staff.
● Participate in activities to identify best practices, address challenges and assess efficacy.
WORKING CONDITIONS & LOCATION:
● The maximum class size of a full virtual course not exceed UFT contractual limits.
● Teachers shall not be assigned more than twenty five (25) teaching periods per week and may teach up to five (5) remote classes; however, the maximum number of distinct courses shall not exceed three (3).
● Teachers must confer with students synchronously during programmed periods each week, as well as be available for asynchronous teaching approaches including but not limited to office hours, individual and small group conferencing and providing direction for independent student work. Facilitate learning through supplied curriculum that teachers may supplement.
● Teachers are expected to teach in person from 82-01 Rockaway Blvd, Ozone Park, NY 11416 or other DOE office.
As per Article Six of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
As per UFT Contract
As per Article Six of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
Please be sure application includes cover letter, resume and your 6-digit file number.
Please send application via email to the following email address: iLearnNYC@schools.nyc.gov with the Subject line: “Fulltime Remote Teacher application.”
Applications will be accepted through:
JUNE 3, 2022
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender(sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction(except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above - noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non - Discrimination Policy.
As of August 2, 2021, all NYC Department of Education new hires (who are not currently employees of the City of New York) must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning their employment unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Please visit the New Employees page for details regarding Executive Order 75.