TEACHER VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 8 SPEECH PRAC 2020 2021
- Posted Date: Jun 11, 2020 Deadline: Jul 9, 2020
New York United StatesVARIOUS LOCATION THROUGH OUT THE CITY
(SUBJECT TO BUDGET AVAILABILITY)
Committee on Special Education (CSE) Preschool Assessment Center (PRAC) Speech Improvement Teachers (Number of positions to be determined)
District-based CSEs citywide, location TBD; travel required
Currently appointed NYCDOE Teacher of Speech Improvement OR New York State Certification as Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped (TSSH) OR New York State Certification as Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD)
SELECTION CRITERIA(Preference will be given to the following):
- New York State Certification as Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped (TSSH) OR Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD)
- Experience evaluating early childhood speech and language development
- Knowledge of developmental milestones for early childhood
- Ability to effectively communicate with families, agencies and school personnel
- Knowledge of the pre-school continuum of services, regulations of the NYSED Commissioner, regulations of the NYCDOE Chancellor
- Knowledge of due process rights
After interviewing applicants that meet the selection criteria above, the following applicants will be considered:
- Regularly appointed and tenured
- Regularly appointed and not tenured
- New applicants to the New York City Department of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate preschoolers in the area of speech and language development
- Travel to various locations where meetings and evaluations are held
- Conduct formal and informal assessments at various CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter or public schools, children’s homes and agencies and prepare written reports
- Provide consultation on all matters relating to communicative competencies of children referred for evaluation and/or receiving services to CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter or public school staff, families and other agencies
- Develop IEPs
- Participate in CPSE/CSE reviews at various CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter or public schools, children’s homes and agencies
- Coordinate CPSE activities with various DOE/NYC offices, non-public, parochial, charter or public schools, and other agencies.
- Serve as a resource to CPSE/CSE, school staff, families and agencies.
- Participate in these activities at the CPSE/CSE, non-public, parochial, charter, public schools and/or other locations.
- Represent the DOE at Due Process Hearings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CSE Chairperson
AS PER UFT COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
AS PER UFT TEACHER’S COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Please email cover letter and resume to the CSE location you wish you apply with attention to the CSE Chairperson by JULY 9, 2020.
Please see below link for relevant district information:
If you have any questions about this posting, please e‐mail Kesha Jones Ali at
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.