TEACHER VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 20 ( BIL. MATHEMATICS TEACHER) 2018-2019
- Posted Date: Aug 6, 2018 Deadline: Aug 31, 2018
1010 REVEREND JAMES A. POLITE AVENUE, BRONX, New York United StatesBRONX
New York State Licensed Teacher
Pathways to Graduation (P2G) is a Citywide Program housed in District 79. We prepare students ages 17-21 to earn their High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma by passing the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) exam. Vision: P2G Bronx will produce constructive members of a global society who are prepared for colleges and careers. Mission: P2G Bronx is a supporting and motivational student-centered program where students will have the opportunity to change their lives. Our classes are held in traditional DOE buildings and we also embed teachers in Community Based Organizations
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Common Core State Standards
- Ability and/or willingness to implement a variety of research based team-teaching models
- Ability to fully integrate assessments into instruction through extensive use of formative assessment and various forms of actionable feedback to students that include standard-aligned next steps
- Ability to create a learning environment where students’ emotional and social needs are met through restorative Practices
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with colleagues, parents, students, the local community and school partners
- Ability to teach Mathematics in Spanish aligned to the TASC Exam and P2G curriculum
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Assistant Principal selected staff will:
- Use a wide variety of instructional tools and resources to create rigorous curricula that meet students’ needs, and maintain a high level of student engagement leading to the attainment of Math and Science skills needed to pass the TASC exam
- Use formal and informal assessment to identify students’ knowledge, abilities and interests in order to personalize and differentiate instruction.
- Attend Professional Development days that are held throughout the 5 Boroughs.
- Collaborate with peers in order to implement best practices that are effective for each student
- Create and implement daily instructional lesson plans and well-designed learning tasks that require complex thinking by students and promotes high levels of engagement.
- Follow a set HSE curriculum produced by the district.
- Incorporate web-based instruction in order to further engage students
- Maintain an organized, print-rich, and welcoming environment
- Create a safe and supporting learning environment with routines and structure
Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 2:50PM
As per UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement
Please submit a resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.