Teachers: Adolescent Literacy Independent Reading Instructors (25 positions and up to 75 hours per participant) Per Session Vacancy #776
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: May 30, 2019
Summer School Sites (exact locations TBD)
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Per Session Vacancy Notice #776
- Applicants must have a working understanding of and experience with the Light Sail platform.
- Applicants must have taught or will be teaching in the future students selected to participate in the Summer Sail independent reading program.
- Applicants must have a satisfactory rating for past three years.
- Applicants must have satisfactory time and attendance for past three years.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, detailing expertise in independent reading practices and working knowledge of the Light Sail platform, and a resume.
- Digitally conference with assigned students throughout the five week Summer Sail program.
- Collaborate with school administration to plan and facilitate an AM and PM Family Orientation meeting for the all families participating in the Summer Sail program.
- Attend late-Spring professional development.
- Provide four days of site-based independent reading instruction (During the weeks of: 7/7/18, 7/11/18, 7/18/18, and 8/1/18).
- Participate in a Mid-Summer Reading Celebration (Date: 8/01/18).
- As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Site based instructional days will take place on during the weeks of: 7/9/18, 7/16/19, 7/23/18, and 8/6/18.
- Participation in the Mid-Summer Reading Celebration which will take place on (Date: 8/1/18).
- Throughout the period between 7/9/18 and 9/11/18 teachers will allocate ten hours per week while summer school is in session and five hours per week while summer school is out of session for digital conferencing with assigned students.
Send the following documents to Sameer.Talati@schools.nyc.gov:
- Letter of application in which you briefly explain why you are interested in participating.
Please Include the Above Circular Number on your Resume and Application
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail: Sameer.email@example.com.
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in the Chancellor's Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo