Universal Prekindergarten Proposal Evaluator (approximately 60-85 per session positions) Per Session Vacancy Notice #329
- Posted Date: Jul 5, 2018 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
Per Session Vacancy Notice #329
Appropriately licensed former full-time NYCDOE teachers with a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory experience in the NYC public school system.
- Experience in and knowledge of Early Childhood education (pre-K through grade 2)
- Ability to work at least 5 days per week for up to 7 hours per day during assigned times, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Schedule to be determined.
- Ability to evaluate written proposals based on scoring rubric.
- Ability to work with team members to discuss and work through scoring discrepancies, collaboratively evaluating program proposals in order to reach consensus on final evaluation scores.
- Ability to conduct interviews and programmatic visits with team members throughout assigned borough(s), to be determined.
- Flexibility regarding assigned borough(s) and evaluation scheduling is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, intense environment both individually and in teams to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Training is mandatory. Dates and hours to be determined. Candidates who are not able to attend the scheduled training session will not be hired.
- Read and score written proposals.
- Conduct and score programmatic visits.
- Conference with team members to determine final score and potential award recommendation.
- complete appropriate documentation and maintain written and electronic records.
- Submit scores and documentation through online survey system.
- Meet all deadlines.
Ability to work at least 5 days per week during assigned periods. Position will require up to 7 hours per day of work, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Exact start and end dates of position to be determined. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change
- Per session salary as per Collective Bargaining Agreement according to most current contractual per session rate. You will be paid for the position you are hired for, not the last full-time position you held.
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses will not be reimbursed
Please send an email to PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “Universal Prekindergarten Proposal Evaluator.” As next steps, you will be emailed a link to fill out an online form and submit a resume. Paper applications will not be accepted. All applicants will be given an OP-175 application to fill out prior to the commencement of the activity
Please Include the Above Circular Number on your Resume and Application
If you have any questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail: PreKRFP@schools.nyc.gov
Service exceeding the number of hours specified in the Chancellor's Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 923, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at https://www.nycenet.edu/oeo