PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR # 466 - Teachers (Grades 9-14 School Programs) - OPSR/NYC P-TECH
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs - Teacher
Office of Postsecondary Readiness
52 Chambers Street
New York, NY 10007
Also various school locations throughout the five boroughs
Currently NYCDOE licensed and appointed Teacher
- Preference will be given to teachers from OPSR’s NYC P-TECH Grades 9-14 schools.
- Minimum three years satisfactory experience developing and implementing curriculum.
- Experience with project-based learning (PBL) practices.
- Knowledge of state and city academic policies for high schools, including graduation requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in professional development and inquiry-driven group working sessions to collaborate, develop, troubleshoot and refine project-based learning planning and practices for school implementation.
- Participate in school planning around structural and instructional shifts needed to better integrate PBL and competency-focused learning.
- Support delivery of professional development to involved schools.
- Create and implement original resources for schools connecting college and career development competencies with subject areas at the high school level.
- Effectively document learning and practices for contribution to resource database.
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
Summer 2019. Sessions will vary according to assignment.
Approximately 100 hours per position depending on funding availability.
Submit your NYCDOE license and resume along with a completed Application form OP-175 (available in schools) by e-mail to: NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov.
- Put “OPSR Grades 9-14 School Programs” in e-mail subject line
- No faxes or mail will be accepted
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement, please e-mail NYCPTECH@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.