Beginning in September 2022, A School Without Walls will offer two new NYC high school learning options, a hybrid program and a virtual program.
- These new hybrid and virtual programs educate students through interdisciplinary projects, real-world learning, and community-facing action.
- Giving high school students the opportunity to pursue their interests and passions as the core of their school experience––to study subjects they truly care about in-depth––empowers them to excel and work together to transform their communities.
Offers Are Now Available
- If you applied to the hybrid program, the virtual program, or both programs by the July 6 deadline, results have been emailed to you and are now available in MySchools––log in to your account to view them.
- If you did not receive an offer to a program but applied to it, you are automatically on that program's waitlist.
- You can also use MySchools to check your waitlist position.
- If a program can make you a waitlist offer, they will contact you directly.
- If you received an offer to either or both programs, the deadline to choose between offers and accept one is July 22, 2022.
Missed the Deadline to Apply?
You can still participate in admissions. When waitlists open (shortly), any NYC students entering grade 9 this fall can add themselves to either or both A School Without Walls programs' waitlists. Here's how:
- Log in to your MySchools account at MySchools.nyc and visit A School Without Walls' profile page, you’ll see both programs listed. Click the program name to display more information about it.
- To add yourself to a program's waitlist, click the "Join Waitlist" button.
Come to a Virtual Open House
Join us for a virtual open house to learn more about both of A School Without Walls’ programs, including our mission, vision, curriculum, and admissions process. Visit aschoolwithoutwalls.org for the most up-to-date information dates, times, how to register, and how to join an event.
How Offers Are Made
These programs both use an open admissions method. This means that if there are more applicants than seats at a program, offers are made by a random lottery.
After offers are released, waitlists open.
- Original applicants will be considered for waitlist offers before anyone who adds themselves to the waitlist.
- Students who add themselves to the waitlist will be considered in chronological order by when they joined.
Key features of both our programs include:
- Project-based, interdisciplinary learning
- Socio-emotional support in Crew/Advisory program
- Internships and place-based learning
- Opportunities to network and interact with professionals in different fields
- Student-led conferences and presentations
- Intensive courses for credit designed by students, for students
- Extracurricular offerings designed by students, for students
- Student-centered arts programming
Learn more about each program in MySchools and in the flyer posted below.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the school's website directly. Click here for the hybrid program and here for the virtual program.
Have questions about the hybrid program? You can email Project Director, Veronica Coleman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share Our Flyer