Beginning in September 2022, A School Without Walls will offer two new NYC high school learning options, a hybrid program and a virtual program.
- These new hybrid and virtual programs educate students through interdisciplinary projects, real-world learning, and community-facing action.
- Giving high school students the opportunity to pursue their interests and passions as the core of their school experience––to study subjects they truly care about in-depth––empowers them to excel and work together to transform their communities.
All NYC students entering grade 9 this fall are welcome to apply to either or both programs.
Apply by July 6, 2022!
- Log in to your MySchools account at MySchools.nyc and visit A School Without Walls' profile page, you’ll see both programs listed.
- To apply, just click the star next to one or both programs’ names––for each of these programs, favoriting (starring) it is how you apply.
Come to a Virtual Open House
Join us for a virtual open house to learn more about both of A School Without Walls’ programs, including our mission, vision, curriculum, and admissions process. Visit aschoolwithoutwalls.org for the most up-to-date information dates, times, how to register, and how to join an event.
How Offers Are Made
If there are more applicants than seats, offers will be made by a random lottery.
- Students who apply by July 6 may receive an offer in mid-July.
- If you get an offer to either or both of these programs, you will be able to choose between your current high school offer and the new program(s).
- After offers are released, waitlists will open.
- Original applicants will be considered for waitlist offers before anyone who adds themselves to the waitlist.
- Students who add themselves to the waitlist will be considered in chronological order by when they joined.
Key features of both our programs include:
- Project-based, interdisciplinary learning
- Socio-emotional support in Crew/Advisory program
- Internships and place-based learning
- Opportunities to network and interact with professionals in different fields
- Student-led conferences and presentations
- Intensive courses for credit designed by students, for students
- Extracurricular offerings designed by students, for students
- Student-centered arts programming
Learn more about each program in MySchools and in the flyer posted below.
Share Our Flyer