Enroll in Adult Education Classes (Ages 21+)

Who Can Enroll?

Any New York City resident who is:

  • 21 years or older
  • Does not have U.S. High School diploma or equivalency (HSE)

Some Career and Technical Education (CTE) classes also have limited space for adults who do have high school equivalency diplomas.

How to Enroll

Enrollment During Remote Learning

While schools are closed, please email adultednyc@schools.nyc.gov or call (646) 481-8227 to start the enrollment process.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I have a high school diploma or college degree from another country?

You can still take our Adult Ed classes.

Do students need social security numbers or documents to take adult education classes?

No documentation is needed for:

  • English as a Second Language,
  • Adult Basic Education,
  • High School Equivalency classes

Want to register for a Career and Technical Education class, leading to certification and job placement? You may need to give a social security number or other documents to verify your identity.

I am 18-21 years old. This page says Adult Education is for ages 21+. What do I do?

We have other services for those between the ages of 17-21. Check out the information for High School Equivalency.

Back to Top