We Are Open to Serve You New York City!!
- Summer classes are available!
- All classes are currently remote learning (no on- site classes)
During these uncertain times we want you to know we are still here to support your academic and college & career goals!! For more information on how to enroll into Adult Education please:
- Email email@example.com
- Call (646)-481-8227
What's the Difference Between Basic Education and High School Equivalency?
- Basic Education classes address lower literacy levels in reading and math to prepare students for High School Equivalency classes (HSE).
- HSE classes prepare students for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC).
Types of Classes
NOTE: not all are available for remote learning, please contact us at the email or phone number listed above for more information.
- English as a Second Language: Helps students build English language and reading skills
- Basic Education: Basic literacy and preparation for the High School Equivalency Assessment Exam
- High School Equivalency Classes:
- Career and Technical Education. Year-round courses in:
- computer literacy
- health careers
- auto mechanics
- plumbing, and electrical training
Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
How to Register
To find out more about registering to take the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), please call 718-638-2635 ext. 1208
High School Equivalency Central Processing Unit
475 Nostrand Ave, Room 120
Brooklyn, NY 11216
(Hours of operation: Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm)
You will need to get an application form, fill it out, and return it to the Central Processing Unit by mail.
TASC Resources (State Education Department Requirement)