Campaigning for An Education Council Seat
Rules for applying to campaign for Community and Citywide Councils
- Distribute campaign materials via email, including to selectors, as long as you have not obtained the contact information from a DOE employee.
- Use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media to promote your candidacy.
- Bring flyers and other campaign materials to the forum to supplement the candidate statement included in the Candidate Brochure that FACE will make available at the forum and online.
- Like all candidates for public office, candidates for Education Councils are subject to certain limitations.
You may not:
- Post or distribute flyers or other campaign materials in any part of a school.
- Ask anyone to post or distribute these materials for you.
- Use an email distribution list obtained from a DOE employee, or the administrative assistant for an Education Council to distribute campaign materials.
- Ask a DOE employee or Education Council administrative assistant to send out materials for you or post them on a DOE-hosted website.
- Mail campaign materials to the PA/PTA or anyone else at the school.
- Email campaign materials to the PA/PTA’s official DOE email address or any “@schools.nyc.gov” email address.
- Accept endorsements from public officials or campaign contributions.
- Use school or DOE equipment and resources to make or distribute campaign materials.