To keep students connected and able to learn from home, the DOE is lending 300,000 internet-enabled iPads to students. Families that want to request a device should fill out the Remote Learning Device Request form, below. Teachers and school staff should use this same form to request devices on behalf of their students.
Remote Learning Device Request Form
Everyone who fills out a request form, online, with a school staff, or over the phone, will be sent follow up emails and texts.
- Priority will be given to students most in need.
- All devices are granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned.
- There is a limit of one device per student.
- You must fill out a separate form for each student who needs a device.
- There is no need to call the DOE or 311 to check on the status of your device. We are getting the devices out as fast as we can, and are following processes to make sure our highest need families get them first.
Student Device Loan Agreement
Before we can loan the iPad, the family must complete the Student Device Loan Agreement. By accepting the agreement and using the device, families agree that the device is the property of the NYCDOE, and it must be returned when on-site learning resumes.
Where is My iPad?
We are delivering devices every week. As soon as devices arrive, they are processed and packaged. But it will take a few weeks for everyone who requested a device to receive one. Please visit the Activities for Students pages to printout packets that students can work on without a device.
The DOE is receiving shipments of approximately 50,000 iPads per week, from Apple. Our partners at IBM then “stage” the iPads, which means connecting them to the internet, adding all necessary applications, incorporating them to the DOE device management system, and enabling content filtering. Once they are staged, the iPads will be are assigned to individual students and shipped out to students.
Our courier will reach out to you to confirm the delivery address you entered on the request form. Your iPad will be shipped to the address you entered on the request form. If you have already filled out the request form, you will receive a text message or email making sure you have completed the Student Device Loan Agreement. Please complete the agreement when you request a device as your device cannot be shipped unless you have signed the agreement.
- Please keep a copy of the confirmation email or text that you received, as you will need it to show FedEx when they deliver your device.
- Please make sure someone is at the address to accept the delivery, as FedEx will not leave packages unattended.
- Also, FedEx carriers will adhere to social distancing rules.
The DOE is mailing activity packets to families the week of March 29 for children in grades Pre-K-5. These packets include 10-days' worth of lessons in different subjects. Check your mail for the packet in April, and help your child with the activities. You also can find the packets on the Activities for Students sections of this website. They are available for all grades, for students who need Specialized Instruction, and for multilingual learning students.