This worksheet, created by TeachEngineering.org, will help you outline your innovation project.
A. Description of Problem, Need, or Value
- What are the problems and/or needs that justify the project?
- Describe the target population — who specifically experiences this problem or need?
B. Overview of the Design Team
- What is the mission of the design team?
- What are the team member’s qualifications to accomplish this project?
C. Overview of Proposed Project
- What is the basic purpose of the project?
- Who will benefit from it? Describe the geographic area and population to be served.
- How does this project help fulfill the team’s mission?
- How is this project unique? For example, is it similar to other projects but designed for a different target population? Does it employ a new approach?
D. Project Requirements and Constraints
- What are the project requirements?
- What constraints are there on your project?
E. Project Activities and Timeline
- What exactly must be done in order to achieve the desired outcomes?
- When, and in what order, must these activities be done to achieve the desired outcomes?
- What immediate and long-range results are expected?
- Will these results change people’s lives, the educational community and/or the world?
- By what criteria will the success or failure of this project be measured?
- What techniques or tools will be used to evaluate?
- Who will do the evaluation? When and how often will they do it?
- How will evaluation results be used? Who will see evaluations?