2017-18 Schedule of Council Training
Translation and Interpretation for Community and Citywide Education Councils
On-site interpretation services are provided for the following types of CCEC meetings:
- Calendar and Business Meetings (inclusive of Special Meetings)
- Committee Meeting
- Annual Meeting
Languages available include: Arabic, Bengali, Cantonese, Mandarin, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu.
Educational Council members or anyone who would like to attend a meeting and desire interpretation should contact the council’s administrative assistant to arrange for interpretation on their behalf no less than two weeks before the meeting.
Translation services are provided for the following types of CCEC documents:
- Meeting Notices
- Meeting Agenda
Languages available include: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu.
Education Council members who need written translation for meeting notices; meeting agendas; resolutions; or bylaws should contact the council’s administrative assistant to arrange for translation on their behalf.
Applicable Laws and Regulations
Education Council members should be familiar with the laws and regulations that govern their council’s membership and work. Relevant sections of these laws and regulations are included in the CCEC Guide.
- NY State Education Law Art. 52, §2590-b, c, e, h, l.
- Public Officers Law, Art. 6, § 84-90 (FOIL)
- Public Officers Law, Art. 7 § 100-111 (Open Meetings Law, see also the Committee on Open Government website)
- Law of General Construction, § 41 (Quorum and Majority)