This map shows all known cases of COVID-19 at New York City public schools. It is updated Sunday through Friday at 6:00 PM.
- A red dot indicates a school that has transitioned to fully remote for 10 days.
- A blue dot indicates one or more classrooms closed in a school.
- A yellow dot indicates a school has multiple cases under investigation.
- A purple dot indicates a school that will have increased in-school testing.
- A grey dot indicates a member of the school community has tested positive but the school community was not exposed.
Situation Room Summary
Due to changes in CDC guidelines, on January 3, 2021 the DOE Situation Room transitioned to 10 day extended closures from 14 day extended closures. Cumulative extended closures include both 10 and 14 day closures. The final 14 day closure ends January 12, 2021.
This information was compiled by the DOE COVID Response Situation Room—a multi-agency partnership between the Department of Education, Department of Health and Mental Health, and the Test & Trace Corps—to facilitate a rapid response to positive COVID-19 cases in public schools.
- For more information on protocols at our schools, please visit the Health and Safety page.