Currently Available Council Seats

If you are interested in filling a vacant seat on your district Community Education Council (CEC) or a Citywide Council, we urge you to attend one or more meetings and speak with members to familiarize yourself with what the council does. Find meeting information by contacting the council.

All interested applicants should carefully read the eligibility requirements for each of the applications. The types of seats on councils include:

Students who will be high school seniors during their year of service are eligible to apply for the non-voting student member seats. Other student requirements vary by council. Download the application below for details.

How to Submit a Completed Application