Family Welcome Centers (FWCs) serve NYC families all year round with enrollment and admissions. During August and September, FWCs will be prioritizing support for families without a school or those who need a transfer due to safety or medical concerns.
If you need help, set up an appointment by emailing your local Family Welcome Center. See locations and list of emails in the Family Welcome Center Locations section below.
Our staff members are available to provide support by email, by phone, or in person from Monday through Thursday, 8AM–5PM, and on Friday, 8AM–3PM.
The Morningside Family Welcome Center is closed on Friday, September 29.
Please note that all FWCs will be closed on Monday, October 9.
Enrolling at your Zoned School
If you would like your child to attend their zoned elementary school or middle school, you can contact the school directly.
To find your zoned elementary or middle school:
- Visit schoolsearch.schools.nyc and enter your address in the School Name or Address search bar.
- In the Grade dropdown, choose your child's grade level.
- In the Borough dropdown, select the borough where you live.
- Click the Search button.
- Look for zoned schools under "Current Zoned Schools."
If your child does not have a zoned elementary or middle school or will be attending high school and needs to be registered, please make an appointment to visit one of our Family Welcome Centers.
Family Welcome Center Locations
|Districts Served||Family Welcome Center Location|
|Serving Districts 7, 9, 10|
Fordham Family Welcome Center, 1 Fordham Plaza, 7th Floor, Bronx NY 10458
|Serving District 7|
District 7 Resource Center, 501 Courtlandt Avenue, Room 106, Bronx, NY 10451
- Phone: 718-742-6594
- Director: Antoinette Mitchell
|Serving Districts 8, 11, 12|
Zerega Family Welcome Center, 1230 Zerega Avenue, Room 24, Bronx, NY 10462
|Districts Served||Family Welcome Center Location |
|Serving Districts 13, 14, 15, 16|
**Park Place Family Welcome Center, 355 Park Place, Brooklyn, NY 11238
|Serving Districts 19, 23, 32|
St. Marks Family Welcome Center, 1665 St Marks Avenue, Room 116, Brooklyn, NY 11233
|Serving Districts 17, 18, 22|
Ocean Family Welcome Center, 1780 Ocean Avenue, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11230
|Serving Districts 20, 21|
89th Street Family Welcome Center, 415 89th Street, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11209
**PLEASE NOTE: Our Park Place Family Welcome Center is not fully accessible.
- For students and guardians who have physical accessibility needs, there are two options. You can either
- Request remote support
- Schedule an in-person appointment at the following alternate location:
P.S. 009K, 80 Underhill Avenue, Room 134, Brooklyn, NY 11238—please note that the accessible entrance is located on Bergen Street.
- To make a remote or in-person appointment at the alternate location, call 718-623-5069 or email ParkPlaceFWC@schools.nyc.gov.
|Districts Served ||Family Welcome Center Location |
|Serving Districts 1, 2, 4|
333 7th Avenue Family Welcome Center, 333 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor, Room 1211, New York, NY 10011
|Serving District 1|
District 1 Family Resource Center, 166 Essex Street, New York, NY 10002
|Serving Districts 3, 5, 6|
|Districts Served||Family Welcome Center Location|
|Serving Districts 27, 28, 29|
Sutphin Family Welcome Center, 90-27 Sutphin Boulevard, 1st Floor, Jamaica, NY 11435
|Serving Districts 25, 26|
Linden Family Welcome Center, 30-48 Linden Place, 2nd Floor, Flushing, NY 11354
|Serving Districts 24, 30|
Queens Plaza North Family Welcome Center, 28-11 Queens Plaza North, 3rd Floor, Long Island City, NY 11101
Why Visit or Contact a Family Welcome Center?
During August and September, FWCs will be prioritizing support for:
- students without a school who need to enroll
- students who need a transfer due to safety or medical concerns.
If you have questions related to admissions or waitlists, visit our process-specific webpages for more information:
What to Include When You Email Us
If you email us, please include the following:
- In the body of your message, be sure to include your child's first name, last name, date of birth, and OSIS number (if they have one).
- For appointments, please share your availability.
- Complete and attach a Student Registration Form to your message (visit our Enrollment Forms page to download this form in your language).
- Include a photo or scan of your government-issued photo ID.
- Include photos or scans of all required documents on the Registration Checklist (scroll down for this form in your language) if your child is new or returning to the NYC Department of Education.
- Let us know if you need support in another language.
- Let us know if you (the child's parent/guardian) are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Please do NOT include any photographs of students with your message.
Health Insurance Options
To learn about health insurance options available in New York City, please visit the NYC Department of Social Service's Health Insurance Link. Call 855-809-4073, prompt #3, to enroll.
Learn what to bring or provide when you enroll your child in school: