Dream stands for:
- Ambition, and
DREAM is a Saturday and summer academic program that prepares eligible seventh-grade New York City public school students to take the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) in the eighth grade.
The DREAM program will return as an in-person program with live instructions throughout the five boroughs for five weeks this summer and then Saturdays in the fall of 2022.
Program 2022 will run:
- July 11 - August 11, 2022
- 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Fall program: Saturdays starting September until the administration of the SHSAT
To be eligible for DREAM-SHSI students must meet all of the criteria below. Eligible students are contacted by their schools or directly from DREAM-SHSI about the application process.
- Be a current NYC resident
- Be enrolled in the seventh grade in a DOE public or charter school
- Score a minimum of:
- 92 or above (or the equivalent) in both ELA and math from either grade 6 final grades OR from grade 7 marking period grades available by the opening of the DREAM application process.
Students must EITHER:
- Meet income requirements based on federal guidelines, as informed by the family income inquiry form, regardless of district of residence.
- Live or attend school in NYC school districts: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, or 32.
For questions, please email SHSI@schools.nyc.gov