Learn about the Quality of Your Child’s School
The Department of Education produces several reports to help families understand the quality of their school. These reports draw from multiple sources, including formal school visits; feedback from students, teachers, and parents from the NYC School Survey; and a variety of student achievement measures.
Where can I find an overall picture of quality for my school?
Every year, schools receive a School Quality Snapshot based on the learning environment and the performance of its students. Pre-K Quality Snapshots are also available and can help you understand different elements of quality at Pre-K for All programs across New York City.
Use the link below to find your school's most recent School Quality Snapshot. Use the Pre-K Finder to get the most recent Pre-K Quality Snapshot for your Pre-K program.
What do students, teachers, and other families think about my school?
Every year, we invite parents/guardians, teachers, and students in grades 6-12 take the NYC School Survey. The survey helps families understand what members of the community think about the learning environment. It also helps schools create plans for the future. Find out more about the NYC School Survey:
What does an experienced educator think about the quality of my school?
The Quality Review is a process that looks at how well schools are organized to support student learning and teacher practice. Experienced educators conduct a two-day school visit. They observe classrooms and speak with parents, students, teachers, and school leaders. The Quality Review helps identify areas of celebration and areas of focus for the school. Find out more about the Quality Review:
Where can I learn more about school quality?
School Quality Snapshot
School Quality Guide
- More detailed report
- Complete results from NYC School Survey
- Additional data on student achievement
- Search for your school's most recent School Quality Guide
School Performance Dashboard
- Multi-year performance data
- Key comparisons
- Data visualizations
- Search for your school’s Performance Dashboard
- School Quality Reports from prior years are available on each school’s web page.
- Use the Find a School link below.
- We provide datasets on test scores, graduation rates, and enrollment for all NYC public schools. Access more information about citywide data on our InfoHub.
- Use the Citywide Information and Data link to the InfoHub below.
School Quality Resources
- For more information about school quality – including guides for families that explain the School Quality Snapshot – please use the School Quality Reports and Resources link below.
Visit the Pre-K snapshot page for pre-K snapshot information: