School Reopening Plans for Fall 2020
- Please read the New York City Department of Education's District School Reopening Plan, which outlines the policy, guidelines and processes schools will follow to open safely in September. Building upon the District Plan, every school has provided information on key school-specific contacts and safety measures that have been put into place, which is linked below.
- New York City Department of Education's District School Reopening Plan
- School Reopening Plan
- School Schedule Model
- As part of school reopening planning schools chose from different scheduling models for blended learning. These models will help schools provide parents with student schedules for in person learning.
- Model 1B
- Students receive in-person learning two consecutive days per week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays for one group and Thursday and Fridays for the other group) with groups alternating on Mondays.
- Your child`s school will provide you with your child`s schedule.
Building Ventilation Information
- In order to ensure maximum safety for staff and students, all school buildings have been surveyed for ventilation. The DOE will make repairs or improvements prior to Monday, September 21, and/or will close any rooms not repaired by that date.
- K318 - 101 Walton Street
- See citywide information and report definitions:
- School Building Ventilation Survey Page
Free Student Meals
- The New York City Department of Education serves free breakfast and lunch to all NYC students.
- For Students Eating In School
- See what’s on the menu:
- For Students Take-Out Meals
- Free breakfast and lunch meals are available for all NYC students at select locations
- Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- No registration, ID, or documentation required
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- See above links for what’s on the menu
- See link below to find a takeout location near you:
- Find a Free Meal Location
The DOE develops tools to help families and educators understand student achievement and school quality. The reports on this page provide information about school quality from multiple sources. These sources include feedback from students, teachers, and parents. Reports also include information from formal school visits and a variety of student achievement metrics.
- School Quality Snapshot
- The School Quality Snapshot is data that captures the school’s learning environment and student performance. Snapshots from the current and prior school years are available in the links below.
- School Quality Snapshot - Middle School
- School Quality Guide
- The School Quality Guide is a detailed report about this school that includes complete results from the NYC School Survey and more information on student achievement.
- School Quality Guide - Middle School
- Quality Review Report
- The Quality Review Report is the result of a two-day visit by an experienced educator, who has looked at how well this school supports student learning and teacher practice.
- Quality Review Report 2018-2019
- Quality Review Report 2014-2015
- School Performance Dashboard
- The School Performance Dashboard shows multiple years of data and key comparisons for this school.
- School Performance Dashboard - Middle School
- New York State School Report
- The New York State Education Department (NYSED) reports educational data so that students and families can be better informed about their schools.
- New York State Education Department School Report Card
Building Accessibility Profile
- Building 1
- K318 - 101 Walton Street - Partially Accessible
- 3 out of 10 - There is general ground floor access, and at least one accessible bathroom and one accessible classroom exist on the ground floor. Certain classrooms or public assembly spaces on the ground floor may still not be accessible due to changes in elevation.
- View BAP Report