School Reopening Plans for Fall 2020
- Please read the New York City Department of Education's District School Reopening Plan, which outlines the policy, guidelines and processes schools will follow to open safely in September. Building upon the District Plan, every school has provided information on key school-specific contacts and safety measures that have been put into place, which is linked below.
- New York City Department of Education's District School Reopening Plan
- School Reopening Plan
- School Schedule Model
- As part of school reopening planning schools chose from different scheduling models for blended learning. These models will help schools provide parents with student schedules for in person learning.
- Please contact your school for details.
- Your child`s school will provide you with your child`s schedule.
Free Student Meals
- The New York City Department of Education serves free breakfast and lunch to all NYC students.
- For Students Eating In School
- See what’s on the menu:
- For Students Take-Out Meals
- Free breakfast and lunch meals are available for all NYC students at select locations
- Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- No registration, ID, or documentation required
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- See above links for what’s on the menu
- See link below to find a takeout location near you:
- Find a Free Meal Location
The DOE develops tools to help families and educators understand student achievement and school quality. The reports on this page provide information about school quality from multiple sources. These sources include feedback from students, teachers, and parents. Reports also include information from formal school visits and a variety of student achievement metrics.