School Reopening Plans for Fall 2020
- Please read the New York City Department of Education's District School Reopening Plan, which outlines the policy, guidelines and processes schools will follow to open safely in September. Building upon the District Plan, every school has provided information on key school-specific contacts and safety measures that have been put into place, which is linked below.
- New York City Department of Education's District School Reopening Plan
- School Reopening Plan
- School Schedule Model
- As part of school reopening planning schools chose from different scheduling models for blended learning. These models will help schools provide parents with student schedules for in person learning.
- Please contact your school for details.
- Your child`s school will provide you with your child`s schedule.
Building Ventilation Information
- In order to ensure maximum safety for staff and students, all school buildings have been surveyed for ventilation. The DOE will make repairs or improvements prior to Monday, September 21, and/or will close any rooms not repaired by that date.
- Q735 - 30-20 Thomson Avenue
- See citywide information and report definitions:
- School Building Ventilation Survey Page
Free Student Meals
- The New York City Department of Education serves free breakfast and lunch to all NYC students.
- For Students Eating In School
- See what’s on the menu:
- For Students Take-Out Meals
- Free breakfast and lunch meals are available for all NYC students at select locations
- Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- No registration, ID, or documentation required
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- See above links for what’s on the menu
- See link below to find a takeout location near you:
- Find a Free Meal Location
The DOE develops tools to help families and educators understand student achievement and school quality. The reports on this page provide information about school quality from multiple sources. These sources include feedback from students, teachers, and parents. Reports also include information from formal school visits and a variety of student achievement metrics.
- School Quality Snapshot
- The School Quality Snapshot is data that captures the school’s learning environment and student performance. Snapshots from the current and prior school years are available in the links below.
- School Quality Snapshot - High School
- School Quality Guide
- The School Quality Guide is a detailed report about this school that includes complete results from the NYC School Survey and more information on student achievement.
- School Quality Guide - High School
- Quality Review Report
- The Quality Review Report is the result of a two-day visit by an experienced educator, who has looked at how well this school supports student learning and teacher practice.
- Quality Review Report 2018-2019
- Quality Review Report 2014-2015
- School Performance Dashboard
- The School Performance Dashboard shows multiple years of data and key comparisons for this school.
- School Performance Dashboard - High School
- New York State School Report
- The New York State Education Department (NYSED) reports educational data so that students and families can be better informed about their schools.
- New York State Education Department School Report Card
Building Accessibility Profile
- Building 1
- Q735 - 30-20 Thomson Avenue - Fully Accessible
- 10 out of 10 - All educational primary function areas within the building are accessible. The building either has a construction date of 1992 or after, or represents a building where major alterations, additions or remediations have been made to pre-1992 construction to provide full accessibility.
- View BAP Report