When we are unable to find a DOE employee (our first choice) or agency therapist (our second choice) to work with children in grades K-12 during or after school hours, your school or Committee for Special Education (CSE) will issue a Related Services Agreement (RSA) or P4 (for SETSS only).
These vouchers let you select a qualified independent provider to see your child.
Note – All services for preschool students are arranged by your Committee for Preschool Education (CPSE).
Two Kinds of Independent Providers
Independent Providers for Students in Grades K-12
First look for a provider using this list. Each type of therapy (Speech, OT, PT, etc.) has its own list, which is divided into two sections – independent providers and independent agencies. Each section is divided by borough and in alphabetical order.
Additional Options with DOE Providers
If you cannot find an independent provider, search the lists under Additional Options with DOE Providers. These are DOE employees who can provide service under certain conditions, after regular school hours. Each type of therapy has its own list, which is divided by borough in alphabetical order.
Search for an Independent Provider
You can scroll down for links to directories of providers or use our online search tool to look for a provider. Here’s how:
- Visit our search tool.
- Enter RSDirectory in the User ID field. (Type exactly as shown; do not cut-and-paste.)
- Enter DIRECTORYrs1 In the Password field. (Type exactly as shown; do not cut-and-paste.)
- Press OK.
- Select HTML for screen-friendly results or PDF for printer friendly results.
- Make your search selections.
- Press Finish to run your customized list.
- You will see a pop up telling you that your report is running.
- When your report is finished, your report will be in either HTML or PDF depending on which you selected.
- For PDFs, move your mouse to just above the page on the screen and you will see a printer icon in the upper right hand corner.
If you have questions about this tool, email email@example.com.
Directories of Independent Providers for Students in Grades K–12
Directories of Additional Options with DOE Providers
If you still need help finding a provider for your child, contact your school or the CSE that issued your voucher, and they will be able to assist you.
You can also contact RelatedServices@schools.nyc.gov