P.S. 097 BronxDistrict
- Location: 1375 Mace Avenue, Bronx, NY 10469
- Phone: 718-655-4446
- Fax: 718-655-6063
School Contacts and Information
- School Leader
- Katheleen Bornkamp, Principal
- Parent Coordinator
- Ana Figueroa
- Respect for All Liaison
- Ada Aguilar
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Liaison
- Joseph Pugliese
- How to report student-to-student discrimination, sexual and other harassment, intimidation, and bullying
- 504 Coordinator
- Ada Aguilar
- Not shared
- District Borough Number
Superintendent and District Contacts
- Cristine Vaughan
- 2750 Throop Avenue, Bronx, NY 10469
- Education Council President
- Theresa Roberts
- Education Council Phone
Mental Health and Wellness
- Ask your Parent Coordinator, School Social Worker, or School Counselor for more information about your school's mental health program.
Building Ventilation Information
- In order to ensure maximum safety for staff and students, all school buildings are continually monitored for any ventilation issues. The DOE makes repairs or improvements where needed and/or will close any rooms until they can be occupied safely.
- X097 - 1375 Mace Avenue
- X917 - 1375 Mace Avenue
- See citywide information and report definitions:
- Building Ventilation Status
Free Student Meals
- Breakfast, lunch and after school meal service is free for all NYC public school students.
- Menu Service Specifics
- Breakfast Time: 8:20 AM-8:50 AM
- Lunch Time: 11:00 AM-12:45 PM
- Food Service Manager: Valerie Heeger
- Kitchen Phone Number: 718-655-4446
- See what's on the menu:
- DOH Inspection Report
- For School Specific Admission Information
- Browse NYC Schools on MySchools.nyc
The DOE develops tools to help families and educators understand student achievement and school quality. The reports on this page provide information about school quality from multiple sources. These sources include feedback from students, teachers, and parents. Reports also include information from formal school visits and a variety of student achievement metrics.
- School Quality Snapshot
- The School Quality Snapshot provides families with a summary of each school. The data captures the schools learning environment and student performance. Snapshots from the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 school years are available in the links below.
- School Quality Snapshot - Elementary School
- School Quality Guide
- The School Quality Guide is a detailed report about this school that includes complete results from the NYC School Survey and more information on student achievement.
- School Quality Guide - Elementary School
- Quality Review Report
- The Quality Review Report is the result of a two-day visit by an experienced educator, who has looked at how well this school supports student learning and teacher practice.
- Quality Review Report 2017-2018
- Quality Review Report 2014-2015
- School Performance Dashboard
- The School Performance Dashboard shows multiple years of data and key comparisons for this school.
- School Performance Dashboard - Elementary School
Building Accessibility Profile
- Building 1
- X097�1180 Rev. J.A. Polite Ave.�Fully Accessible
- 9 out of 10�All educational primary function areas within the building are accessible, although minor barriers may be present throughout the building where there is pre-1992 construction.�
- View BAP Report