Enrollment Forms

On this page, you'll find the forms you might need to enroll in a DOE public school.

  • New to NYC? Fill out the Housing Questionnaire and provide to your new school or a Family Welcome Center.
  • If you're not the primary leaseholder or homeowner where you live, fill out the Parent Affidavit of Residency.
  • If you're temporarily taking care of a student but are not their parent or guardian, fill out the Non-Parent Affidavit.

Please note: Forms do NOT need to be notarized. If any form includes a section on notarization, just leave it blank. 

How to Fill Out Forms

For the best experience filling out and submitting forms, please follow these instructions:

Filling Out Forms on Your Phone or Tablet

  1. Download the Adobe Fill & Sign: Easy PDF Doc & Form Filler app for Android or Apple devices.
  2. Fill out, sign, and send your form directly from the app.

Filling Out Forms on Your Computer

  1. Download the form and and save it to your computer.
  2. For the best experience, open the form using Adobe Reader. This software is available for free download at: get.adobe.com/reader.
  3. Fill out, sign, and save the form. Tip: Rename the file to include the student's last name.
  4. Email the form as an attachment to your school or a Family Welcome Center.

A Few Notes

  • These forms do NOT need to be notarized. If a form includes a section on notarization, just leave it blank. 
  • Most forms are digitally accessible (optimized for screen readers) but some are not yet; we are working to provide updated accessible versions of all forms.

Forms for Families and Staff 

These forms are posted here for schools and Family Welcome Center staff to share with families. Each form is available in ten languages, and most forms are PDFs that can be filled out online. For children entering grades 3-K through kindergarten in September 2020, please reach out to the program where you’ve accepted an offer regarding specific registration instructions.

Students in temporary housing, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, are not required to submit documentation (including address, proof of date of birth, and immunization records) in order to participate in any admission process or enroll in school. Read the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act on our New Students page.

NOTE FOR STAFF: Please log in to the InfoHub to access the Home Language Identification Survey.

Back to Top